A budding rivalry is growing in the land of ancient dragons. What divides the two regions of Halong Bay and Lan Ha Bay is an invisible line through an innocuous stretch of calm water between rugged cliffs, where a large group of boats on one side and a small group on the other is the only indicator of the line’s existence. As knowledge of the unknown bay grows, the question of Halong Bay or Lan Ha Bay begins to enter to the minds of tourists coming to Vietnam in search of the most tranquil experience in the UNESCO-recognised region.
- Halong Bay is a so well-known travel destination in Quang Ninh Province, located in northeastern Vietnam. Administratively, the bay belongs to the area of Halong City.
- Lan Ha Bay is one area of the larger “Halong Bay region”. Specifically, the region includes Halong Bay in the center, Lan Ha Bay to the southwest.
- Halong Bay: Titop, Bai Chay, Tuan Chau, Soi Sim
- Lan Ha Bay: Ba Trai Dao, Cat Co, Tung Thu, Van Boi
- Halong Bay: Sung Sot, Thien Cung, Trong, Trinh Nu, Dau Go, Luon
- Lan Ha Bay: Dark and Bright Caves, Hospital, Trung Trang, Thien Long
- Halong Bay: Cua Van, Ba Hang, Tung Sau
- Lan Ha Bay: Cai Beo
- Halong Bay: Cua Van and Tung Sau, Luon Cave, Hang Ho Dong Tien
- Lan Ha Bay: Ba Trai Dao, Tra Bau, Viet Hai Village